Duarte Peak, 3,087 meters above sea level, highest elevation in the Antilles. Join us for a 4 days excursions, by foot or by mule to the roof of the Caribbean. You will go from the tropical forest to the pine forest of the J. Armando Bermudez National Park, going on paths through thousand of ferns. You will see cotorras, papagayos or jilgueros and other exotic birds.
You will cross rivers and crystal streams, enjoying the spectacular view three mountains, Duarte Peak, La Pelona and La Rusilla, all of which top out at over 3,000 meters and see the source of the Yaque del Norte River and the Tetero Valley, at an altitude of over 2,000 meters in the most preserved forest on the island. It will be an unforgettable adventure.
Day 1: Drive to La Cienaga Manabao, dinner.
Day 2: Breakfast, 5:00 am, departure 5:45 am to the J. A Bermúdez National Park; arrival at the Compartición, lunch and dinner. (18 km of walk).
Day 3:Walk de 5 Kms. from "La Compartición".
Top to Pico Duarte.
Lunch at Valle de Lilís.
Walk back 5 Kms. To la comparticion "La Compartición", free afternoon Dinner at La Compartición, bon fire at night.
Day 4: Breakfast, walk de 18 Kms. from "La Compartición" to La Ciénaga, lunch.
- All meals and drinks for 3.5 days on the way
- Entrance to the National Park.
- Cargo mules for luggage.
- Rearguard mules for security.
- First class food throughout the trip.
- Snacks for the daily walk.
- Gatorade at the beginning of each hiking day.
- Warm, professionally washed Sleeping Bags, Coleman brand,
- Thick, warm and comfortable mattresses.
- Spacious tents with a lot of free space for more comfort.
- The best and most professional guides in the area.
- Hot shower at the end of each day.
- Clean bathrooms, with toilets and sinks.
- Complete medical kit.
- Non-disposable plates, glasses and cutlery when eating.
- Folding chairs for each camper.
- Charging station for cell phones and cameras.
-Explanatory talk to answer questions in Spanish or English
What's included :
Complete excursion - Guides from the area - All meals, equipment, tent, sleeping bag, thermos for water, cooking and eating utensils - Cargo mules - Saddled mule for emergency
What To Bring :
Climbing boots and tennis shoes - Towel - Set of extra dry clothes - Flashlight with extra batteries - Poncho or rain gear - Jacket (at night it is 0 celsius) - Cap or hat - Back pack - Bathing suit